Sunday, May 14, 2006

Ode to my parents

Great forces often align themselves in random and unexpected ways. Hydrogen and oxygen, Sonny and Cher, peanut butter and chocolate.

This weekend, through the quirks of timing and circumstance, it happens to be both MOther's Day and my dad's 60th birthday.

My mom and dad have been the greatest support and influence to me in my life. With their help and love, I have made it to this point, 31 years on, through some pretty tough moments, and lots of great ones. My parents are my friends. So this is just a small tribute to them.



Everyone wants to make their parents proud. I believe nothing will make them more proud of me than this.

Thanks, mom and dad. I love you.

1 comment:

Jenny H. said...

This picture is a classic. Sweet. I'm sure it can make them proud of you... that and if you could drink beer faster than a Chinese.