Friday, May 19, 2006

AR for ALS!!

Greetings everyone.

Please share this message.

I am participating in a fundraising event, the ALS Adventure Challenge, that seeks to raise funds to help find a cure for ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease, a progressive and ultimately fatal neuromuscular disease that affects 3000 Canadians ( http://www.als.ca/).

This adventure race is to be held Sunday, July 16th, and involves a series of physical challenges such as kayaking, mountain biking, and trail running through Belcarra regional park.

In order to participate, I will need to raise $700 for ALS research before Thursday July 13th. 100% of the funds collected will go to support ALS research and local patient services through the Nilsson Foundation (a federally registered charity, # 85650 1176 RR0001).

I am hoping that I can gain support from my friends, my family, my friend's friends, my friends family, my family's friends, and everyone, everywhere else EVER!!. Plus, if you have heard the stories of my last adventure race, you know this could be good comedy (i.e. collapsing at the finish line... on oxygen for 30 minutes)!

You can help me by making a donation. Take the time to visit my pledge page at https://www.sporg.com/registration?form_id=48028&view_type=DEFAULT. And for more information about the race, please visit www.ALSadventure.com.

Donations over $20 are eligible to receive a tax receipt. And the more you give, the more it helps!

I would sincerely appreciate your help.

Thanks, and best wishes.

No comments: